Managing people, human capital and culture - Human Resource Management (HRM) is critical for business success. HRM Guide publishes articles and news releases about HR surveys, employment law, human resource research, HR books and careers that bridge the gap between theory and practice.
US Unemployment At 14.7%
May 8 2020 - Nonfarm payroll employment fell by 20.5 million in April, and the unemployment rate increased to 14.7 percent, reflecting the widespread impact on the job market of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and efforts to contain it.
Conflict Mediation Outside The Workplace - When to Involve HR in Personal Disputes
May 1 2020 - One of the most important roles of human resources involves conflict resolution. Mediating and managing inter-office arguments and by acting as an impartial third party.
5 Biggest Resume Mistakes to Avoid When Looking for Work
April 28 2020 - What your resume includes or doesn't include can determine your chances of getting a dream job. Here are the biggest resume mistakes to avoid on your job hunt.
Six Important Reasons Why Businesses Need Analytics in 2020
April 23 2020 - In a world where every customer, client and potential shopper leaves digital footprints behind, businesses that know how to extract this information and put it to good use stand to gain immensely
The Role of a Human Resource Manager
April 15 2020 - While the role of a human resource manager within an organization requires the need to wear many hats, explore what the job entails!
5 Tips for Working Remotely from Home
March 31 2020 - If you find yourself having to work from home, it can be a hard adjustment to make. These 5 tips for working remotely will help you be more productive.
7 Simple Tips to Getting Hired Fast
March 18 2020 - Need a job? Looking for a better job than you already have? Learn seven simple tips to getting hired fast. Land that dream job in no time!
The Importance of Verifying Employment History Before Hiring
March 18 2020 - Does your HR department always verify a new hire’s resume before they start? Learn the importance of verifying employment history prior to hire in this article.
5 Reasons You Should Consider Attending HR Conferences
March 9 2020 - If you work in the human resources career field, you know that the job is always changing. Click here to discover how HR conferences can help you keep up.
How to Reduce Overtime in Your Business
February 26 2020 - If overtime is already starting to cost you, or it is causing issues for your employees, then here are some ways it can be reduced.
How to Become a Manager and Lead by Example
February 25 2020 - This guide will break down how to become a manager. It requires being more than the boss, and will show you how to lead by example.
5 Methods for Monitoring Your Employees the Right Way
February 21 2020 - There are various reasons why you will want to monitor your employees. After all, they are the most important asset for your business.
Career Forecast: Petroleum Engineer
February 11 2020 - What does the future of petroleum engineering hold? Learn what it takes to be a petroleum engineer and future job figures in this career forecast.
5 of the Best Information Technology Training Courses and Resources
February 8 2020 - There are several information technology training courses and resources you should know about.
3 HR Strategies to Boost Employee Engagement
January 19 2020 - Employee engagement is one of the latest buzzwords to emerge in the business world - but it's more than just a trendy new phrase.
How to Keep Your Employees Safe in Your Lab
January 19 2020 - There are safety risks at any place of work, but if they're not properly managed, those risks can be much greater in a laboratory.
HR vs. Marketing: What's the Difference in Salary and Goals?
January 11 2020 - Letting people know the difference between a career as an HR representative and a marketer is critical. Here are the major differences.
What a Pay Stub Is and Why to Keep a Copy of Paycheck Stubs
January 7 2020 - Are you trying to figure out what a pay stub is and how long you should keep a copy of paycheck stubs? Read this article to find out.
Improving Hospital Culture: 5 Tips to Ensure Your Hospital Is Running Efficiently
December 21 2019 - Running a hospital is more than treating patients, there is a hospital culture to take care of too.
Fired With an Open Claim: Do I Need a Workmans Comp Lawyer?
December 5 2019 - Being injured on the job and making ends meet is stressful enough without the added threat of termination. Do you need a workmans comp lawyer?
How Outsourcing Helps Your Employees
December 4 2019 - A look some of the ways outsourcing not only benefits your business but can also help your employees too.
HR Strategies for Dealing with Workplace Stress
Updated December 2 2019 - Employers and HR departments need to recognize the signs of stress and find ways to deal with employee stress and anxiety effectively.
Focusing on customer service to achieving growth
November 26 2019 - Providing quality customer service tends to be overlooked and it could be the crucial factor that separates your business from the rest.
How to Improve Your Marketing Operations
November 26 2019 - Attract new customers to your business by improving and subsequently optimizing your marketing operations.
How to Survive as a 1099: A Self-Employed Bookkeeping Guide
November 22 2019 - Are you losing track of your payments as a 1099 contractor? Time to get your house in order. Don't miss this essential self-employed bookkeeping guide.
Avoid Bad Hires in the Holiday Season
November 17 2019 - With a limited supply of fresh talent, hiring unsuitable or even fraudulent recruits can lead to substantial consequences.
How to Change Careers Smoothly and Successfully
October 26 2019 - Whether you're making a mid-life transition or unhappy in your current position, find out how to change careers without it shaking up your entire world!
Are Job Descriptions Obsolete?
October 14 2019 - Are job descriptions obsolete? Like many things in the talent management field, it's a matter of perspective.
Why HR Professionals Should Be More Like Network Marketers
September 28 2019 - The skill sets that HR managers are trying to seek out for marketing departments in-house are the same skills that network marketers hone in order to be successful.
How to Establish a Paid Paternity Leave Policy for Your Office
September 26 2019 - Looking to start a paid paternity leave policy for your business? Here is a your guide to establishing a policy that sticks.
What to Expect in an Interview: Common Questions and Occurrences You Should Prepare For
September 25 2019 - Have you ever wondered what to expect in an interview? If you have, this post shares types of questions and interview phases that you should be prepared for.
What Every Attorney Should Know About Hiring Support Staff
September 24 2019 - Very few established law firms operate without at least a few members of support - even solo practices.
3 Things Your Employees are Doing at Work Instead of Working
September 23 2019 - Let's face it - not everyone is dedicated to their job, and with so many distractions with all the tech readily available in the workplace, it's no surprise that your employees might be slacking on the job.
8 Things Every Employee Needs to Learn about Worker's Compensation
September 12 2019 - Do you know that many workers suffer from work-related injuries, but didn't know they are entitled for a workers' compensation? And maybe, you could be one of them.
How to Improve Marketing for Your Small Business: Training Your Employees on the Best Techniques
September 11 2019 - As there is so much competition out there, being able to stand out from the competition is easier said than done.
7 Reasons Why the Human Resource Manager Job Is in Demand
September 8 2019 - The demand for the job position of a human resource manager has increased over the years. Learn more about the rise of this very important function.
Top self-employed jobs in 2019
September 4 2019 - Becoming self-employed is an increasingly popular means of making an income, as people prefer to ditch the nine-to-five for a more flexible and gratifying career path.
A Complete Guide on the Path to Become a Certified Safety Professional
September 3 2019 - There are many beneficial reasons of being a certified safety professional. Click here to learn the career path and steps to become one.
Interview 101: 7 Insightful Questions to Ask a Potential Employee
August 24 2019 - When you're conducting an interview, you want to find out the maximum about candidates in the time you have. Try these 7 questions to ask a potential employee.
Avoiding the Blood: The Best Non Clinical Healthcare Jobs
August 2 2019 - Are you interested in working in the healthcare field, but don't want to deal with blood? Read on to learn about the best healthcare jobs that aren't clinical.
Presentation Ideas to Command Audience Attention
July 24 2019 - Ever sit through a presentation that continued to drag on until you nodded off asleep? Don't be that guy or girl with these presentation ideas to grab attention.
AI in HR: why technology is not enough
July 10 2019 - The use of AI (Artificial Intelligence) in HR does not always get a fair hearing. However, it is not always well implemented. AI is not a replacement for HR professionals.
Points To Consider In Creating A Workplace Dress Code
June 21 2019 - When HR professionals enforce a standard of dress, whether it's a casual policy, a uniform, or somewhere in between, it makes work life easier for employees, and improves productivity.
What Topics Do You Need to Include in Employee Training?
June 10 2019 - Employee training is one of the most critical parts of the induction of an employee into the workplace, and yet many employers do not provide sufficient training needed for employees to excel in their new roles.
The Pros and Cons of Take Your Dog to Work Day
June 9 2019 - While the event has skyrocketed in popularity since it was first celebrated in 1999, there are still some businesses that are unsure of whether they should partake in the special occasion or not.
Why Is Workplace Safety Important?
May 15 2019 - Safety in the workplace is a right that every employee should be able to count on. Not only that, but it is law.
How to Help Your Employees When They Have a Crisis
March 1 2019 - More and more businesses, especially larger organizations, now have policies in place to help their staff cope with difficult circumstances.
3 Ways To Boost Morale At Your Company
February 25 2019 - If you want to win over and keep top talent around at your company, then you should consider focusing on boosting morale in the workplace.
3 Reasons Why Data Protection Is Crucial for Any Business
January 14 2019 - There is no question about it, data is at the heart of any business. Regardless of size, businesses rely on data to make informed decisions, track performance, identify solutions, understand customer and market behavior, and improve processes.
More HR Articles
- How to Secure a Rewarding Career in Human Resources
- What Defines a High Risk Employee?
- Marketing vs. HR: Which is the Best Degree Choice?
- Want to Work in Marketing? Here are 7 Skills You'll Need
- What Skills Does a Competent Respiratory Therapist Need?
- How to Become a Cosmetologist: 5 Key Steps to Cosmetology
- 12 Awesome Video Game Careers for Avid Gamers
- How to Become a Property Manager: Your Complete Guide
- Online Engineering Degree: What Are the Educational Requirements?
- How to Become a Yoga Instructor: A Simple Guide
- 9 of the Most Unique Engineering Jobs You Never Knew Existed
- Becoming a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- The 10 Best Information Technology Careers
- How to Become a Freelance Graphic Designer
- A Guide on How to Become a Critical Care Nurse in the United States
- Top Tips for Crafting a Creative Resume
- How to Become a Project Manager: A Step by Step Guide
- How to Become an Ultrasound Tech: Your Complete Guide
- Cultural Capital And Teen Ambitions
- CEO Reputation And Appearance
- How Career Dreams Die
- Women Put Off Computing Careers By Geeky Environments
- Living Longer, Working Longer
- Phased Retirement
- Career Development Programs
- Employee Engagement
- Recruiting Practices and Employer Branding
- U.S. Employee Trust Still Low
- 4 Tips for Throwing the Perfect Office Party
- Emotional Intelligence and Job Satisfaction
- Employee Work Perceptions Predict Organizational Success
- Anonymous Whistle-Blowing Allegations Often Ignored
- High-Potential Employees Are Increasingly Disengaged
- Loyalty and Employee Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Motivating Top Talent
- Branding Aligns Employees With Organizational Goals
- Anger In The Workplace
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Most Americans Satisfied With Their Jobs
- 'Bad Apples' at Work
- How PR Can Help Your HR Team Hire Employees
- The Top 7 Most Important Reasons to Learn English Right Away
- 5 Public Speaking Tips to Make Friends and Influence Thousands
- Make Your Case: How HR leaders can get CEO sign-off for HR expenditures
- E-mail: the Way to Gossip
- Surveying Employee Opinions
- Bad Language Can Get You Fired
- Sacking By Email
- Surveying Employee Opinions
- E-mail: Way to Gossip and Waste Time
- Prioritize Building a Culture of Collaboration to Eliminate Workplace Silos>
- Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Corporate Culture And Change
- Skin Tone Affects Job Chances
- The Grey Economy: The HR Benefits Of Hiring Older Workers
- Male Leaders Judged More Harshly
- Surface Diversity: Some Employees Subvert Diversity Programs
- Gender Segregation
- Women, Networks And Negotiation
- Understanding Generational Differences In The Workplace
- Sex-Based Discrimination
- Women Discouraged From Science/I.T. Careers
- Disabled Immigrants More Likely To Be Working
- Gender Inequality In Academic Researchers' Compensation
- Gender Stereotyping
- Fluency: Leading in the Midst of Change
- Older Workers Feel Shut Out
- Few Organizations Define Diversity
- Companies Opt For Surface Diversity
- Appearance-based discrimination
- Gender Stereotyping A Key Barrier
- Affirmative Action
- How HR Can Help an Employee Survive and Thrive Through a Divorce
- Resolving Common Issues in the Workplace
- Common Workplace Annoyances
- Whistle-blowers And Personal Values
- Top Office Party Blunders
- How To Improve Your Workplace For Your Employees
- How to Book Your Staff on Business Trips in 2020
- The increasing risk of cyber attacks on businesses
- What Trump's Presidency Means for the Future of Human Resources
- Do You Have What It Takes to Work in Human Resources?
- How to Set Up Your Own Short Production Line
- Which Truck Fits Your Personality?
- Five US immigration obstacles faced by companies expanding to the US/li>
- Big brother is definitely watching
- 3 Ways to Establish Authority in Your Field
- How to Bring Down Business Expenses without Cutting Jobs
- The 5 Most Important Insurance Tips to Teach Your Employees
- Why 2017 is the Year of Video Marketing
- Employees Addicted To Social Networking Sites
- Aggression At Work
- Employee Fraud
- Misclassifying Independent Contractors
- do You Really Know Your Contractors?
- Top Five Mistakes Leaders Make in These Troubled Times
- Today's Economy DEMANDS A Critical Skill: Optimism
- Fitness In The Workplace: How Employers Can Get Behind It
- How To Take Care Of Your Employees' Mental Health
- Flexibility and Burnout
- The Role of HR in Creating a Safe and Healthy Workplace
- Helping Employees with Health Insurance
- The High Cost of Major Depression In The Workplace
- Hurt on the Job: 10 Steps to Take After a Workplace Injury
- Work And Sleep
- Workplace Flexibility Improves Employees' Health Behavior
- How to Achieve the Amazing Perfect Smile You Always Wanted
- Opiates vs Opioids: A Guide to the Key Differences
- Espresso Benefits: 11 Advantages of Drinking Coffee While at Work
- Unemployment And Health
- Health Effects Of Work-Related Stress And Shift Work
- Playing Hooky: Absenteeism And The 'Holiday Hiatus'
- Employers Can Help Reduce Obesity
- Sick Day Entitlement Survey
- Flexibility Leads To Healthier Lifestyle
- Work-related Stress And Coronary Heart Disease
- Employers Can Help Reduce Obesity
- FMLA Implementation
- ADA Does Not Protect Employees With Psychiatric Disabilities
- Sick Day Entitlement Survey
- How Businesses Can Help Employees With Student Debt
- Take Charge of Your Career Development Today
- What to Expect and How to Get the Most Out of Advertising School
- E-Learning Is Gaining Ground
- Learning In Tough Economic Times
- Tips for HR Professionals Managing Cross Border Teams
- How to Make New Employees Feel at Home
- 5 Key Things to Do Before Traveling Abroad
- 3 Simple (But Powerful) Law Firm Marketing Strategies
- 3 Ways to Streamline Your Law Firm's Workflow
- The Story Behind Settlements: How Personal Injury Compensation Works
- 3 Secrets Marketing Agencies Need to Know
- Failure Is A Learning Opportunity
- Pressures On Small Business Owners
- Impressive Titles Are More Than Cheap Rewards
- Things You Need to Know to Be a Successful HR Professional
- How to Inspire Your Team to Be More Productive
- Six Essential Leadership Skills For Today's Leader
- Performance Management - Key Practices
- Employee Performance Reviews
- Time Off Programs
- 5 Important Performance Management Tasks That Often Are Forgotten
- Time Management Produces Results
- Perception Of Consultant Quality Trails That Of Permanent Staff
- Distinguishing Top Companies For Leaders
- Wasting Time At Work
- Leadership and Assertiveness
- The Carrot Principle
- Telling the Truth on Your Resume
- Important Factors to Consider When You're Hiring a Health Care Professional
- Boost Your Hiring Strategy with the Top 5 Recruitment Trends for 2017
- SEO Basics for Recruitment Companies
- How the Gig Economy and Freelancers are Reshaping HR Departments
- How to Make Your Job Search Successful in the New Year
- How to Find the Perfect Candidate
- Five Key Elements for Recruiting Recent Graduates
- 7 Tips to Help Your Elderly Care Home Recruitment
- How to Spice Up Your Resume for a Holiday Job Search
- Recruiting For Call Centers - Skills to Look For
- InterviewStream Transforms Video Interviews with WebRTC
- Honesty is best for job-seekers
- New Trends In Hiring
- Involuntary Part-timers
- What Recruiters Want
- Modest Men Not Appreciated
- Job Search TV
- Finding Talent Increasingly Difficult
- Tech Recruitment Trends For 2008
- Atlanta Survey Finds Positive Views About Today's Job Candidates
- Recruitment Practices
- Hiring and Orientation Programs Neglected
- Finding Talent
- Payroll Advice for Small Businesses
- What Should You Do If You Cannot Pay Your 941 Payment to the IRS?
- Why CEO Pay Keeps Going UP
- Executive Perks
- Financial Incentives May Not Motivate
- International Executive Equity Awards
- Competition For Top Employees Increasing
- Employee Benefit Survey
- Vacation Entitlement Survey
- Utility Salaries Standing Still
- Managers Prefer Long Weekends Over Vacations
- Benefits of Trade School: Why You Should Consider It Over College
- Highly Skilled Temporary Immigrants Contribute
- Investing In Career Technical Education To Reduce Crime and Drop Out Rate
- How to Protect Your Retail Business from Fraud
- Weighing the Benefits of Prepaid Legal Services
- How to Start Your Own HR Business
- 5 Great Tips for Doing Your Own Accounts
- How to Persuade Your Boss to Fund Your Training
- Effective Ways to Create a Great Business Reputation
- How to Safely Grow a Real Estate Business in 2020
- High-Potential Entrepreneurs
- How Insurance For Yoga Instructors Can Be a Benefit
- Which Functions You Should Outsource and Which Ones You Should Not
- Software to Revolutionise Your Business from Ecommerce Sales to HR
- Cybersecurity professionals and businesses in the field seeking to set up in the US
- What HR Can Learn from Project Management Tools
- Overcoming Top Myths in HR
- Creating a Strategic Vision
- Outsourcing May Be Counter-Productive
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Reacting To The Global Crisis
- Aging Workforces
- HR Outsourcing To Increase In 2008
- Achieving Brand Integrity
- HR Struggling To Keep Up In High-Growth Companies
- Talent Management - A 'Vague Concept'
- International Call Centre Study
- HR Ripe for Outsourcing
- Revolutionizing HR Through Intelligent Automation
- How to Keep Your Employees Focused
- Human Resources Upgrades in 2020: Your Short Guide
- 4 Reasons to Stick with Your Accounting Software
- Improving Information Security in Your HR Department
- 4 Reasons to Ensure Your Employees Have the Right Equipment and Software
- Multiple Internet Identities: Keeping Track
- 7 Technologies That Will Transform Human Resources in 2017
- Integrating HR Technology
- HR Executives Making More Of Technology
- Tech Companies All-Costs Model is Destroying Human Resources Management
- Overworked Americans Can't Use Up Their Vacation
- Always Working? How to Achieve Better Work-Life Balance
- 5 Ways to Save On Your Vacation
- Working Remotely Alleviates More Stress Than It Creates
- Telecommuting Better Than Office Working
- Teleworking Feds Could Save $5 billion In Commuting Costs
- Younger Workers Keener On Web Commuting
- Most Senior Employees Never Stop Working
- Latinos Suffer Less Work/Life Conflict
- Management Resistance a Major Barrier for Teleworkers
PHR / SPHR Professional in Human Resources Certification Kit
by Sandra M Reed and James J. Galluzzo III
PHR Study Guide 2019-2020: PHR Certification Preparation and Practice Test Prep Questions for the Professional in Human Resources Exam
The Essential HR Handbook, 10th Anniversary Edition: A Quick and Handy Resource for Any Manager or HR Professional
Insider's Guide to Culture ChangeSiobhan McHale
The secret to the success or failure of any business boils down to its culture. From disengaged employees to underserved customers, business failures invariably stem from a culture problem.
More information and prices from:
Amazon.com - US dollars
Amazon.ca - Canadian dollars
Amazon.co.uk - British pounds
Amazon.de - Euros
Amazon.fr - Euros
The HR Answer Book: An Indispensable Guide for Managers and Human Resources Professionalsby Shawn A. Smith, Rebecca A. Mazin
The HR Answer Book addresses 200 questions that every employer needs to deal with, from recruiting and hiring to discipline and termination, compensation and benefits to training and employee relations. Accessible and concise, this on-the-job companion offers expert guidance on all types of "people" issues.
More information and prices from:
Amazon.com - US dollars
Amazon.ca - Cdn dollars
Amazon.co.uk - UK pounds
Amazon.de - Euros
Amazon.fr - Euros